Friday, January 13, 2012

The Ultimate Run Mix, by DJ Vic

Hey World
Do you ever have those days when you physically feel sub-par? You know you've been slacking on the exercise, choosing to make a meal for yourself instead of do pushups/situps, or go to the gym. We all have em, those regret nights where you lay your head on the pillow mad at yourself for not working out that day. Knowing that the night before you were making promises to work out, you had it all planned, you visualized it in your mind, and vicariously lived through your future self. Well, that's been me for too long. Today I decided to break the cycle of laziness and go for a run. So, I went running right after work this morning,which is kind of hard to do considering i work all night long. Nevertheless I went. It was a good run. I wasn't too tired and finished the whole 3.3 miles without stopping. It was awesome!! However, I would have never made it without my perfect run mix. Now a lot of people use music to "pump them up" while they run. I use music to keep my feet moving. You see, one thing i do A LOT is dance, and another thing I do A WHOLE LOT is sing. If you watch me run I'm doing little dances here and there and spitting out lyrics in between labored breaths. Its just how I'z gets down. I through this run mix together kind of haphazardly and BAM its epic!! I'll share it with you.


#1 First because of the West Coast blood in me I had to start out with a little snoop-a-loop
The reason this song is first, is because if it wasn't I would be C-walking and hopping in the park and it would throw off my vibe. This intro is perfect for me starting out. I get a quick stretch in and turn it on..I hear foshizzle dizzle n im like aaaaaaawwwwww SNAP!! From then its on!

#2 The song is called "gimme the loot" its a biggie smalls and lil c song. at this point in the run I'm wondering why I came out there in the first place. I've lost my mind I should have done pushups or situps or jumping jacks or something else but this ridiculous run. I need a song to remind me that I'm a Bad Bad Man lol (ps. not safe for work)


#3 This is where I hit my stride. Its the perfect run song because the beat hits every step as you run and the lyrics have me singing at the top of my lungs as I'm running. Its greatness in my ears.
As soon as this song starts playing, its an instant swagger step to the left, than right, then back, then I pick the run back up. Like Gucci Gucci, Louie Louie, Fendi Fendi, Prada.  Most people are not a fan of her music, but I say stop trippin, cuz when I'm running she's my best friend.


#4 This song is kind of a the point where i need something to switch me up. I'm getting to dependent on the music to keep me going I need a lyrical boost to pump up my inner psyche. J-Cole does that for me can't explain why.


#5 the next song I believe should be in every run mix, because its an epic track. It gets me going and puts the "pep" back in my step. Without further ado My dude Mr Andre 3000


#6 I honestly have no reason why this next one is my list, other than the fact that at this point in the run I need to zone out. I need to just keep my head in the game. I gotta tell myself, Vic just keep going make that booty work son
This is where I get that "thizz face" and I start dancing again. I swear the people on the trail with me must thing I'm crazy, but I don't care.

#7 Next comes the the part where I gotta dig deep. This is where I'm almost at the two mile mark and I feel like crap. That's why I need my second wind. I gotta feel like a gangster..I gotta hustle hard


#8 This one is there because I can see the end. I smell victory, I'm tired and I'm kinda mad at myself for putting myself through all this drama so I need to laugh. What better way to laugh then listening to Gucci Mane!! If you can't laugh listening to this dude you got problems.


#9 as soon as the beat ends I finish my run. No joke it was perfect and what better way to finish a run than with something to keep you motivated. This is the only song I listen to when I'm not running (besides 1 and 4 and 5) because I love this song and love the message it portrays 
It cools me off and allows me to sing my heart out while I'm stripping in the parking lot and changing into my "driving clothes". I cant sit in my car with my sweaty clothes on, my leather is too soft.


A lot of this music may not agree with your spirit. Running doesn't agree with my spirit either so it makes it perfect. it does its job. The mix helps me get through all the stages of my run successfully, and like the last song says it helps me realize "how sexy we are, we just dont know it"




                                                                                                                    Love, Sweat, and Tears,
                                                                                                                                          -Vic


No comments:

Post a Comment