Saturday, August 18, 2012

Miss me maybe

Hello World,

     "Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe."

 These words, this song, nay this epidemic, has permeated our minds and ears for months now. It's catchy tune and its rhythmic style have captivated hearts around the world.

 It's simply one of those songs you just cant get out of your head. However there is one part of this song that throws my lyrical mind for a loop. I believe its the bridge where she says "before you came into my life I missed you so bad." That concept threw me for a loop until recently.




     I used to think like our friend Mr. Wonka, until I really thought about it. Before you came into my life I didn't miss you as a person for who you were and who you would be to me. No, thats impossible. I missed you, meaning I couldn't attain you. I fell short time and time again. I failed over and over because you were not a part of my life. This is the reason I can say I missed you so bad, even though it is a poor use of English. I Missed you bad. There is no other way to say it, it was BAD.
      Now I understand you miss Jepsen, and I am not left in bewilderment. If I am wrong in my assessment, then please correct me. I would highly appreciate it.



Love ya world
Vic



                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment