Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pet Peeves and Astonishing Realizations

Hey World Waddup?!?!
First of all, Its a beautiful day in SoCal right now. All of you who are not here need to get here soon. San Diego is beautiful this time of year, Hence the banner on my blog. Once I decided I wasn't leaving, I had to post a pic of the beautiful city line downtown. I've always loved this city..but enough about that. Let me tell you WHAT JUST HAPPENED.
     So you know there are some things that you do because its just how you were raised. Some foods you eat, clothes you wear, or some pet peeves you may have. My biggest pet peeve is.."If it doesn't hurt, don't say ow" It might sound petty but I live in a house where there are always smaller children. It amazes me how many times kids say their hurt just for attention. I can't stand it. Well, I just figured out why I'm that way. So here is what happened. I'm in the kitchen tweeting with my peeps and my mom is the the other room talking about something. She may have even been talking to me I'm not sure. As usual there are little kids in the house running around and playing on these big exercise ball thingys. All of the sudden, to no ones surprise, a child starts screaming. I walk in the other room only to hear my mom say " See that's what happens when you run. You'll be alright. Your in the wrong house for sympathy. Stop crying cuz you know your just going to get up, run, again, and get hurt again, and it's gonna be painful again." Tell me why I died laughing in the kitchen (I walked back in to try to conceal my laughter). It suddenly hit me. I am a byproduct of my own pet peeve, which originated from my mother. It got me thinking how many other things do I do just because my parents do them. How many other ideals and customs are generated from my growth environment? It turned me from mid-laugh to contemplative stare in an instant. Until I finally realized that it really didn't matter, and now if I do something weird I can blame it on my parents..NICE!


                                                                                                           /That's all for today world, Love ya,
                                                                                                                                              -Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment