Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pick Me Up Then Break Me Off

Hey World!
   Soo.. I know it's been a while since my last post. I apologize. However there is a very good reason for my absence....its called... How I Met Your Mother is on Netflix!!!!! Ive been having a HIMYM marathon that is almost finished. I had to pause inhuman fixation of the show to pose a question. Well, actually it has a lot to do with the show. See if your not familiar there is a character on the show played by child genious, the man himself, one of my favorite actors, Neil Patrick Harris. NPH plays a womanizing funny man who picks up girls like probatees on the side of the road, using the most elaborate pick up lines ever. This got me thinking, what are the best pickup lines out there? However, being who I am I took it a step farther...What are the best breakup lines out there?...So I did a little research (asked some friends and google) and here they are my friends.. Some of the funniest (clean) pick up/break up lines I could find.
    
                                                            Pickup lines

#1. You say "You look just like my first wife" She says "How many times have you been married?" You say "never".

#2. If you stood in front of a mirror and help up 11 roses, you would see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world.

#3. "I want to tell you your fortune." Take her hand and write your phone number on it. "There's your future."

#4. I've got some Skittles in my mouth... wanna taste the rainbow?

#5. If you were a new sandwich at Mcdonalds, you'de be called the McGorgeous

                                                           Breakup Lines

#1. It's not you, Its me...(Classic)

#2. Do you like to dance? Well then, could you go dance so I can talk to your friend?

#3. We're just looking for different things. I'm looking for love and I'm looking for anyone who isn't you.

#4. I just think you'll be happier with someone else. 

 #5. I'm not a hunter. Your not an animal. This is not a jungle. So why should I chase you?

So while some of these are amusing and some are just plain stupid, they all bring a question to my head. What is the purpose of using pickup/breakup lines? I think the answer is simple. We can't be honest about the way we really feel so we have to use some line to help us say whats on our mind. Or,we don't want to hurt the persons feeling by telling them what we really think about them, which makes NO sense because your about to break up with them anyway. So tell them the truth. I've found from personal experience that the truth shall indeed set you free. Honesty at the start and end of a relationship helps begin or end the relationship effectively, and sets a pattern for the future. I encourage you to be honest with how your thoughts, say whats on your mind. Love ya world
                                                                       -Vic

No comments:

Post a Comment