Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'm Not Serious

You know that person that always says, "I'm serious..." after every thing that they say, just so they can emphasize, they're SERIOUS?
Hot Chick Laughing FTW

I have to be that person sometimes. Why? Because I'm always joking around. It can be a curse at times, but somebody's got to do it. That somebody is me. Or maybe it's you too.

It's important to remember: Laugh.


We see those signs all over the place, "Live. Love. Laugh". In my opinion, those are always a little over rated to see EVERYWHERE. It's like people need to have constant reminder of that so they buy frames and doormats that say that (I am guilty of the doormat btw).

And now that I think about it, what does that phrase even mean? Let me explain to myself, because I have to do that often.


Live - Remember that just because you're alive doesn't mean that you're living your life to the fullest. We interpret living as taking risks or chances, stepping it up in the game, making it a good work week, or even deciding to go that restaurant that you keep driving by and actually try out their food! Living is an action. We already have a life. But we only have one life to live.

Love - I'm thinking that this action verb trend is eminent in this phrase, because you have to choose to love sometimes. We can involuntarily love family, but choosing to love the chick that cuts you off on the freeway is a choice. I chose not to love her this morning. =P Remembering to love not only people but the things that we do. I love my job. I have to repeat it to myself about three times a day to make sure it registeres in my brain....and my heart.

Laugh - Oh here it is. Here. It. Is. My favorite, laughter. I cannot understand a person that can't even smile or laugh and enjoy themselves. The face is so much more pleasant to look at when I person isn't scowling or snubbing other people that are enjoying themselves. There's a time and a place, and that is completely understandable. But heed my warning, if you're standing with me with a group of friends and you're the only person not laughing, I'll laugh harder. For the both of us. <3 I love you.

Life is too short you guys. It really is.

So you know what to do...

I challenge not only you, but myself.

"Challenge accepted..."


Xo,
SP

No comments:

Post a Comment